TITLE: Social Media Correspondent Effective: 11/2017
FLSA STATUS: Part-Time
DEPARTMENT: Public Relations/Marketing and Sales
Actively engage the CSO’s audiences at home and around the world by telling the many stories of the Chicago Symphony Orchestra Association (CSOA) through social media and evolving new media to enhance brand awareness and promote ticket sales.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Develop and regularly post social media content in collaboration with the Public Relations, Marketing, Content and Social Media staff, as well as the CSO Photographer, Archivist and Negaunee Music Institute (NMI) social media representative
2. Attend Chicago Symphony Orchestra (CSO) and Symphony Center Presents (SCP) rehearsals/soundchecks and concerts—particularly Thursday night CSO concerts—to prepare and post ‘in the moment’ social media content, including copy, photos, and videos when applicable
3. Plan and conduct video interviews with CSO musicians, as well as CSO/SCP guest artists
4. Help to create a season-long social media calendar and develop a range of native and curated content
5. Generate ideas to tell the many stories of the CSO through new media, from bite-size narrative to video segments
6. Edit video content as needed as well as weekly CSO video program notes segments
7. Facilitate social media planning process by attending CSOA content and marketing/PR meetings and plan social media within larger framework of CSOA content strategy
8. Serve as inter-departmental liaison and co-creator of social media content on behalf of select volunteer and affinity groups such as the Overture Council (the CSOA’s young professionals group), African American Network and Latino Alliance
9. Actively build relationships with social media tastemakers/organizations that build awareness for the CSO
10. Present new promotional opportunities related to emerging social media channels or social media trends in order to build relationships with online audiences
11. Coordinate social media opportunities with CSO/SCP guest artists with their publicists or representatives
12. Research opportunities related to video content that could be activated on existing CSO social media channels
13. Capture images and video to develop specific CSO and SCP content as directed
14. Monitor engagement metrics, track trends, and create reports that summarize social media metrics for CSO channels
1. Reports to Communications and PR Manager.
2. Works closely with members of the marketing, content and public relations departments.
3. Other contacts include: CSO departments, CSO photographer, vendors, and volunteers.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
1. Bachelor’s degree in Music
2. Fluent in all aspects of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat and YouTube
3. At least 2 years of professional experience developing social media content and implementing integrated social media campaigns
4. Knowledge of orchestral repertoire and performing artists
5. Experienced copywriter
6. Experienced photographer and videographer
7. Experience with Adobe Photoshop is preferred
8. Experience with Adobe Premiere for video editing.
9. Flexible schedule required including evenings and weekends.
Pleasant office environment.
To apply, send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.